… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD
I work as an economic developer. I currently serve as Director of Economic Development for the Cheatham County Joint Economic & Community Development Board. However, my opinions on this blog are my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, International Association of Business Communicators, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have held the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC) since 2008, the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council since 2014 and I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
- Prepare to be Googled
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- Business disaster planning creates community economic resiliency
- Cheatham County Region Resilience: ready for economic stress
- 2017 Tennessee Rural Development Conference
- Strike a pose…
- More additional direct flights from Nashville International Airport
- Happy New Year!!!
- George Bailey, Economic Developer
- No one goes downtown anymore, it’s too crowded
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mechatronics Program to Improve Cheatham’s Manufacturing Skills
- IEDC 2016 Annual Conference
- Cheatham County tourism up, travel expenditures increased 4.5% in 2015
Category Archives: IEDC
I will be leaving Tennessee on Friday of next week to participate in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) conference. IEDC will convene its 2016 Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio on September 24th-28th. Around 1,500 economic development professionals from around the world … Continue reading
I am already making plans to attend the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference again this year. IEDC annual conferences are the largest annual gathering of economic development professionals in the world and provide professional development and networking opportunities … Continue reading
I had a productive time in Philadelphia attending the 2013 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference. As part of my active participation in the conference, I spoke on Wednesday, October 9th during the Ignite IEDC segment. My segment was titled “Economic … Continue reading
I am in the Nashville International Airport waiting for a flight to Philadelphia to attend the 2013 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference. The IEDC Annual Conference is the world’s largest gathering of economic development professionals. As part of my … Continue reading
I attended the IEDC Federal Forum last week. Here is a list of interesting bits of information from the conference compiled by Louise Anderson and posted on the International Economic Development Council’s website: Number of job centers in the federal … Continue reading
I accepted an invitation this week to speak at the 2012 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference in Houston on October 2nd. I will be one of the speakers in the session “Technology Tools for Economic Developers”. Hickman County … Continue reading
I am participating in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Leadership Summit in San Antonio, Texas. So far, it has been a great networking and knowledge building event. I’m making a presentation in one of the two afternoon sessions today that hopefully be … Continue reading
My certification from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a certified economic developer (CEcD) was up at the end of this year. It takes meeting the experience requirements, completing hours of approved training and passing the two-day examination process to … Continue reading
Last night, I paid my registration to the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Leadership Summit, which will be held in Houston, Texas on January 31-February 2 next year. The focus will be on creating entrepreneurship programs and a competitive entry-level … Continue reading
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Institute for Economic Advancement will be conducting their Mid-South Basic Economic Development Course on March 15-18, 2010. The basic course is one of the courses required to sit for the International Economic Development … Continue reading
I am attending the Tennessee Economic Development Council Fall Conference, which began today. I am sure that we will all benefit from the seminars and networking from Tennessee’s organization of economic development professionals. Also, participation counts toward my recertification as … Continue reading
I am in Alexandria, Virginia participating in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Federal Forum. The first session today was an informative discussion on the new administration, this term of Congress, and the various measures to improve the economy such … Continue reading
For those who are interested in an option near Tennessee to complete the IEDC Basic Economic Development Course, Georgia Tech will host its 42nd annual course March 24-27 in Atlanta at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. I have attended … Continue reading
Just a few hours ago, I received positive results of the final segment in the examination process in becoming a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) with International Economic Development Council (IEDC). In order to be considered for certification, one must have … Continue reading
I am currently in Charlotte, North Carolina attending a conference conducted by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) in association with the International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC). It has been a great opportunity to gain knowledge, network with peers, … Continue reading