… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD
I work as an economic developer. I currently serve as Director of Economic Development for the Cheatham County Joint Economic & Community Development Board. However, my opinions on this blog are my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, International Association of Business Communicators, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have held the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC) since 2008, the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council since 2014 and I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
- Prepare to be Googled
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- Business disaster planning creates community economic resiliency
- Cheatham County Region Resilience: ready for economic stress
- 2017 Tennessee Rural Development Conference
- Strike a pose…
- More additional direct flights from Nashville International Airport
- Happy New Year!!!
- George Bailey, Economic Developer
- No one goes downtown anymore, it’s too crowded
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mechatronics Program to Improve Cheatham’s Manufacturing Skills
- IEDC 2016 Annual Conference
- Cheatham County tourism up, travel expenditures increased 4.5% in 2015
Category Archives: infrastructure
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has published a resource, Why Invest in Economic Development, for members, elected officials and others interested in supporting economic development in their communities. The federal government has always played a key supporting role in … Continue reading
As part of AT&T’s continuing efforts to drive economic development and investment in Tennessee, company representatives, elected officials and members of the Cheatham County Joint Economic and Community Development Board announced on February 26, 2016 that the Cheatham County Industrial … Continue reading
The Ashland City Times reports on progress in Cheatham County in “Sewer project done at New Hope Road“. The newly completed sewer line extends service along Highway 41A from the Pleasant View Village development to the New Hope Road exit on I-24 (exit … Continue reading
“The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) announced on Tuesday a $1 million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the town of Centerville, Tennessee, to make critical improvements to the town’s wastewater treatment plant to support the health care and … Continue reading
Dickson Electric System will upgrade their customers’ current meters with radio frequency-operated meters capable of being read from their headquarters. Dickson Electric serves 4000 customers in Hickman County, mainly in the East Hickman area. For more information, read “Remote-controlled meters … Continue reading