… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD
I work as an economic developer. I currently serve as Director of Economic Development for the Cheatham County Joint Economic & Community Development Board. However, my opinions on this blog are my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, International Association of Business Communicators, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have held the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC) since 2008, the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council since 2014 and I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
- Prepare to be Googled
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- Business disaster planning creates community economic resiliency
- Cheatham County Region Resilience: ready for economic stress
- 2017 Tennessee Rural Development Conference
- Strike a pose…
- More additional direct flights from Nashville International Airport
- Happy New Year!!!
- George Bailey, Economic Developer
- No one goes downtown anymore, it’s too crowded
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mechatronics Program to Improve Cheatham’s Manufacturing Skills
- IEDC 2016 Annual Conference
- Cheatham County tourism up, travel expenditures increased 4.5% in 2015
Category Archives: retail marketing
As we near the last couple of shopping days before Christmas, this verse of the song of the season Silver Bells came to mind: City sidewalks, busy sidewalks Dressed in holiday style In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas Children … Continue reading
From RetailTrafficMag.com: “Hungry for Tax Revenue, Municipalities Serve Up Incentives to Lure Retailers and Developers.” Incentives shouldn’t be the seen as the first option. These communities could not be successful without funding marketing, staff and a community retail development strategy.
The October edition of Shopping Centers Today, the trade journal of the International Council of Shopping Centers, had an interesting article titled “Keeping Up With Smart Phones: Mobile Devices Pose a Major Opportunity — and Threat.” For rural retailers competing … Continue reading
I encourage every business in Hickman County to use as much technology as they can stand. Not everything is worth the time for every business, but websites, email marketing, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Google, other social media, etc., etc. can … Continue reading
A blog post with great ideas on marketing your business or community to tourists: “Yfactor -New Ideas for Tourism Niches“