… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD
I work as an economic developer. I currently serve as Director of Economic Development for the Cheatham County Joint Economic & Community Development Board. However, my opinions on this blog are my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, International Association of Business Communicators, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have held the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC) since 2008, the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council since 2014 and I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
- Prepare to be Googled
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- Business disaster planning creates community economic resiliency
- Cheatham County Region Resilience: ready for economic stress
- 2017 Tennessee Rural Development Conference
- Strike a pose…
- More additional direct flights from Nashville International Airport
- Happy New Year!!!
- George Bailey, Economic Developer
- No one goes downtown anymore, it’s too crowded
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mechatronics Program to Improve Cheatham’s Manufacturing Skills
- IEDC 2016 Annual Conference
- Cheatham County tourism up, travel expenditures increased 4.5% in 2015
Category Archives: workforce
This week, I was compiling some recently released data for Cheatham County and the other 94 counties in Tennessee. The 2016 U.S. Census Bureau Population Estimates by County and Labor Force Estimates for Tennessee were released in the past few … Continue reading
CNNMoney reports, “Private sector hiring gained momentum in December, according to a report by payroll processing firm ADP.” Great news, looks like a trend. Maybe 2014 will bring even better times for those of us communities that are working hard … Continue reading
Cheatham County students were recently recognized for academic excellence by A.O. Smith, a local manufacturer, and the Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce. Students with superlative academic achievement from the county’s three high schools, Cheatham Central, Harpeth and Sycamore, were honored with … Continue reading
Last week, the Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development released the March 2013 labor force estimates and unemployment rates for Tennessee counties. The unemployment rate for Cheatham County was 6.6%, the eighth (8th) lowest rate in the state. For … Continue reading
The Tennessee General Assembly adjourned last night, approving a balanced budget that begins to add back to our rainy-day fund – an enviable position for most states. Among the most discussed topics was education reform, which affected collective bargaining by teachers and included tenure … Continue reading
The unemployment rate for Hickman County decreased from 13.5% in February to 13.1% in March even with an increase in the number of people in the labor force. Hickman County had the lowest unemployment rate in the Local Workforce Investment … Continue reading
If looking for good news, today’s article in the New York Times business section, “Some Forcasters See a Fast Economic Recovery”, offers some hope that economic conditions will begin to improve soon. With an even larger available labor force with … Continue reading
The former YKK facility is 120,000 sq. ft. of well-maintained, masonry wall industrial and/or warehouse/distribution space. NAI Global is listing the property and it is officially on the market and available for sale. YKK Snap Fasteners produced products for the … Continue reading